Harriet Hadfield is the CEO and Founder of Freelance with Freedom. After 15+ years of working as a makeup artist for celebrities like Olivia Rodrigo, Naomi Watts, and Chelsea Handler, along with global brands like Burberry and Glossier, she was tired of the starving artist narrative and the common misconception that freelancing = sacrifice.
Harry has made it her mission to empower creative freelancers with the tools and strategies they need to step into the CEO role. She’s co-creator of the award-winning Full Coverage podcast which has over a million downloads and her YouTube channel, Harry Makes it Up, has over 4.5 million views.
And if that wasn’t enough…she also created a separate 6-figure online business during the pandemic in less than 7 months helping creative freelancers all over the world double their bookings and create life-changing opportunities. Collaboration over competition is at the forefront of Harry’s business and she believes wholeheartedly that there’s room for everyone to succeed.
In this episode, Harry shares her story of being diagnosed with OCD and Tourette’s at 23 years old, and how she went from being diagnosed medically unfit to work to major career success. Along the way, she broke plenty of rules, found her own way of doing things, and learned to work WITH her neurodivergent brain instead of against it.
Harry is living proof that your disability doesn’t define you…and that success comes when you stop listening to everyone else and embrace what feels good to you.
Click play to learn:
- How to get out of the starving artist mentality
- Making a name for yourself in your industry
- How to balance your Inner Artist with your Inner CEO
- Why you don’t need to be worried about competition (there are more clients now than ever)
- How to find fulfillment by following your energy
- The power of creating a Joy List
- How to work WITH your neurodivergent brain to be a more successful CEO
- Why we need to let go of the idea of the perfect routine
18. All Brains Are Unique: Embracing Neurodiversity in Entrepreneurship with Harriet Hadfield
I'm Megan—but you can call me Meg. As a copywriter and consultant, I help trailblazing entrepreneurs like you find their voice, disrupt the narrative, and build long-lasting, impactful brands.
Looking for a strategic partner to bring your big-picture vision to life?
Conversion Cheat Sheet
Rock your market research and hone in on the exact message that will drive your audience to take action.